SETUP FOR NETGEAR EX6120 | NETGEAR AC1200 SETUP
Using the Netgear EX6120 configuration, you may increase the wireless network’s current range. It is a dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) wifi extender that may increase the speed and coverage of your current wifi. By connecting your Netgear AC1200 to another device using an Ethernet connection, you may use it both as an access point and an extension to create a hotspot. This blog post will walk you through the whole step-by-step process of setting up a Netgear extender.
Setup for the Netgear EX6120 Extender | AC1200
The wireless protected setup is another way to define the word WPS. It is also referred to as the quick and simple method for configuring your wifi range extender without having to provide a password, username, or any other information. The user will only need to touch a button once during this process.
Use these steps to establish a Netgear EX6120 extender:
- Switch on your EX6120.
- Your current wifi router should be connected to it.
- Find and push the WPS button on your EX6120.
- Also, click the WPS button on your current router.
- Your AC1200 will indicate that the configuration has been successful when it displays three steady green lights.
- Place your AC1200 in the ideal area, taking into account any dead zones.
Note: You may configure your Netgear AC1200 EX6120 using the WPS technique in this manner. You can call our toll-free number directly if you need assistance. You will receive help from our technical staff to resolve your problem.
How do I setup my Netgear ex6120 WiFi extender?
An answer is provided by the Netgear EX6120 AC1200 WiFi range extender for homes where WiFi router or modem connectivity does not extend to every area of the structure. Also, it functions best in locations where using WiFi outdoors is prohibited. After completing Netgear EX6120 Setup, the extender joins your current network and enhances the signal’s range.A moderate range WiFi extender made by Netgear, the EX6120, can allow everyone to increase the range of their current router’s signal.
Netgear EX6120 AC1200 Setup
NETGEAR EX6120 SETUP | MYWIFIEXT SETUP GUIDE
How should my Netgear EX6120 AC1200 extender be configured?
Follow the instructions below to configure your Netgear EX6120 AC1200 extender:
- the AC1200 EX6120 extender to on.
- Now, watch for a solid green Power LED.
- Pull out any tablet or smartphone that has wireless connectivity.
- Use an Ethernet wire to link your router to the WiFi repeater.
- Open a web browser after connecting, then type mywifiext.net into the address box.
- You are on the page for setting up a new extender.
- To connect your router and the booster, follow the instructions.
If after installing your extender you do not receive 4 steady lights. Afterwards, please perform a factory reset to acquire access to the Netgear Extender Setup page once more and then use the previously described procedure to reconnect to Mywifiext.
NETGEAR LOGIN PAGE
The WiFi extender is simple to set up on a computer and subsequently on a mobile phone, but you can also set it up on a mobile phone using an internet browser. There is a webpage that explains how to connect the extender to an existing wifi network. Make sure the extender is positioned halfway between the existing wifi router and the dead zone. However, during the initial configuration, you can place the extender near to the wifi router; once the setup is complete, you can move the extender to a low-signal range.
Reset Netgear EX6120
When a user forgets the admin username or password and needs to get it restored, they need often execute the Netgear EX6120 reset process. When you successfully complete the factory reset procedure, your AC1200 will be ready for a fresh installation process by deleting all of your unique information. You need a paper pin or something similar in order to execute the factory reset function on your extender.
The stages for the Netgear EX6120 reset procedure are as follows:
- Start the Netgear EX6120 Setup.
- The AC1200’s reset button may be found there.
- Press the reset button for 9–10 seconds with a pin or a pen.
- After the LED stops blinking and remains green, you have completed the action.
Updated firmware for the Netgear EX6120
You may receive new security features and other new features after updating the firmware on your Netgear EX6120. These features tend to fix bugs and other issues that you might have encountered while using your extender and also enhance the performance of your AC1200. You must go to mywifiext.net in order to upgrade the firmware to the most recent version.
Follow these instructions to upgrade the firmware on a Netgear EX6120:
- Start by turning on your EX6120.
- Get a mobile device, then log onto your current network.
- Go to www.mywifiext.net in your browser.
- By entering your personal information, log in to your AC1200.
- After selecting settings, select firmware upgrade.
- Remember: Never disconnect your extender.