Netgear EX5000 Setup
The Netgear AC1200 EX5000 is an extender that expands your current network’s coverage to dead zones in your home or business while simultaneously offering WiFi rates of up to 1200 Mbps. All you have to do now is finish the Netgear EX5000 setup and you’ll be connected across your home. It is compatible with any existing WiFi network and is ideal for playing online games and HD video streaming. Here are full instructions for configuring the Netgear EX5000 WiFi range extender.
Netgear EX5000 | Setup Process
- Add your extender to your internet by activating it and selecting a broadband or wireless connection for this purpose.
- When your computer or cellphone has linked up, launch your favourite online browser.
- Fill in your username and password in the number field on the extender’s login page by using the URL myWiFiext.net.
- The Netgear Genie page will now appear on your computer.
- Then, based on how your system is configured, you must choose between two options.
- After choosing your settings, just click the Save option to complete setting up your Netgear AC1200 extender.
Netgear EX5000 setup | Manual method
- Link the net to your Netgear Nighthawk EX5000 WiFi extender.
- It should be located near your Home network.
- Attach a wall outlet to your range extender.
- Wait for the Power LED on your smartphone to become green.
- Attach the AC1200 WiFi extender to your router.
- Use an internet browser and navigate to the default web address to visit the EX5000 extender login page.
Netgear EX5000 Setup | WPS Method
Do you have any problems with the manual setup? If such is the case, we will proceed with the Netgear EX5000 Setup using WPS. The WPS method is another method for configuring a Netgear extender, and it is also the easiest and quickest approach to get your wifi booster working properly. Throughout this operation, you will not be required to provide your password, username, or any other information. Both your extension and your router will require you to touch a little button. Let’s have a look at how this works.
Here’s how to configure the Netgear EX5000 WPS.
- Check that your EX5000 is turned on.
- Connect it to your existing WiFi router.
- Find and push the WPS button on your booster.
- On your router, press the wps button.
- You’ve completed the setting procedure when your EX5000 AC1200 displays three steady green lights.
- Now, place your AC1200 in the desired dead zone.
That’s how you set up your Netgear AC1200 EX5000 with WPS. If you need assistance, please call us at our toll-free number. Our technical experts will collaborate with you to address your issue.
To fix the issues during the setup of Netgear AC1200 Extender follow the troubleshooting steps given below:
- Check to make sure the Netgear extender is receiving the appropriate amount of power from the wall socket.
- Connect to the high-speed internet with your computer.
- Make sure that your extender is placed away from the bluetooth devices , room corner and metal objects etc.
- After restarting your Netgear extender, try reconfiguring it.
- As you login to mywifiext.net, be sure to enable the most recent version.
- After that, reset the Netgear extender to the default setting.
When a user forgets the admin password or username and requires time to restore it, the Netgear EX5000 reset process is frequently employed. When you successfully finish the factory reset process, it will erase all of your personal information and prepare your AC1200 for a fresh installation procedure.
How to reset Netgear EX5000
The following are the steps to resetting the Netgear EX5000:
- Start the Netgear EX5000.
- Search for the reset button on your AC1200.
- With a pin or a pen, push the reset button for 9-10 seconds.
- You’ve successfully finished the factory reset method when the LED blinks and then turns a steady green.
If you are still facing any problem regarding the setup or reset of this Extender then feel free to contact us via live chat with our technicians.