Netgear EX6120 Setup
With the EX6120 configuration, you may increase the range of your current wireless network. It is a dual band (2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz) wifi range extender that may improve the speed and distance of your current wifi. By attaching your Netgear AC1200 to an ethernet connection, you may use it as an extender as well as an access point to establish a hotspot. This blog will walk you through the whole step-by-step process of setting up a Netgear extender.
Netgear EX6120 Setup by Manual method
Manual Method is also called web browser setup. To know how to set up netgear wifi extender manually then follow the instructions given below :
- Firstly, switch on the Netgear extender by attaching it to an electrical outlet .
- Connect your router with your netgear extender.
- Click the network manager and link to Netgear_EXT SSID.
- Open any browser
- Access the mywifiext login page by default.
- If you don’t have an account then create an account on it
- Tap next and,
- Now tap the finish button.
Your Netgear AC1200 Extender Setup process by manual method is successfully completed.
Netgear EX6120 setup by WPS
Netgear EX6120 setup without WPS
WPS (WIFI PROTECTED SETUP) is the easiest way for the setup of the netgear wifi extender. Follow the instructions as written below:
- Firstly, power on your extender.
- Now press the WPS button for some time.
- Your LED indicator will then turn green, indicating that your extender and router are correctly connected.
- Do the same thing once more with the dual band range extender.
- Use the same network password here that you would for your router’s network.
- At last link your wifi system to the extended Netgear_EXT SSID .
If you face any issue while connecting your Netgear EX6120 extender then feel free to contact us on our official website mywifiext.net or via live chat with our technicians.
If you want to setup your EX6120 without WPS then follow the instructions given below:
- Put your EX6120 into an electrical outlet and hold on for the LED light to stable.
- Keep the router and the extender in the same place.
- It will take some time to boost up.
- Now connect your extender with the router.
- After connecting the extender with the router , the LED light will turn green in colour.
- Open the web browser of your choice.
- Now click to mywifiext.net and fill your details – your username and password.
Now your Netgear EX6120 setup without WPS has successfully completed.
How to reset on Netgear EX6120 Extender
To reset the netgear WIFI extender setup follow the steps given below:
- Switch on your extender , the LED lights will turn green in colour.
- Now to stabilise LED lights on your extender , this will take at least 5 minutes Detect your extender’s reset button.
- Using an item of a similar size, press and hold the reset button for up to 10 seconds to cause the LED light to blink.
- At least 5 minutes will pass while the LED lights on your extension are stabilising.
Now that your Netgear EX6120 has been successfully reset.
NOTE: Please feel free to contact our professionals through live chat if you still have any questions regarding the NETGEAR WIFI EXTENDER SETUP reset procedure